Official Video Contest Rules
- Video Submissions must complete the phrase, "What is Presidential?"
- Video Submissions may be no more than 60 seconds in length, including titles.
- Video Submissions may use any narrative and technical style, including documentary, fiction, live action or animation.
- When uploading the Video Submission, the Contestant must include the following information in the YouTube branding box:
- The Contestant's YouTube account name;
- The name of the video
- Each Contestant may submit only one Video Submission.
- Video Submissions must be uploaded to the YouTube Contest site by 11:59:59 EST August 31, 2010.
- Once a video is uploaded to the YouTube Contest site it is considered final and may not be modified or edited.
- No Video Submissions will be returned.
- The video must be your original. No copyrighted music, video, or images may be used.
- You must have a video/photo release form signed by each person appearing in the video, and his/her guardian if s/he is a minor. OPM will need copies of these releases if your video is selected.
- By submitting a video to this contest, you grant OPM a royalty-free license to copy, distribute, modify, display, and perform publicly and otherwise use, and authorize in showing for educational purposes.
- Video Submissions may contain content created by the Contestant and content in the public domain. Video Submissions must not contain any elements including music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials that is protected by someone else's copyright or trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights.
- By uploading a Video Submission, the Contestant affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the video, including but not limited to rights to use original content not produced by the Contestant alone and written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the video and that he or she is prepared to provide documentation to that effect upon request (or from parent/legal guardian if any such person(s) is considered a minor in their country of residence). Failure to obtain such rights and consents may result in the disqualification of the Video Submission at the Contest Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
- Contest Sponsor recognizes no allowance for "fair use" of copyrighted material.
- Video submissions must comply with YouTube's Community Guidelines .
- Video Submissions that do not comply with the YouTube Terms of Service or these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content as determined by the Content Sponsor, in their sole and absolute discretion, will be disqualified, removed from the Contest site and not considered for a prize.
Liabilities and Rights:
- The Contest Sponsor and Platform Partner do not endorse any Video Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and the Contest Sponsor expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Video Submissions.
- The Contest Sponsor and Platform Partner do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights and reserve the right to remove any Video Submission in violation of another party's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- The Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the material contained in the Video Submission and for the consequences of posting it on the Contest site.
- Neither Contest Sponsor, and Platform Partner nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Video Submission.
- Contestants retain ownership of their Video Submissions. However, by submitting a Video to the Contest, Contestants grant Contest Sponsor and Platform Partner a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Video Submissions in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity in connection with the Contest and in connection with the activities and operations of the Contest Sponsor.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsor and Platform Partner, their parent, subsidiary and other affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney's fees) arising from: (i) your use of and access to the YouTube Site and Contest websites in connection with the Contest; (ii) your violation of these Official Rules or the YouTube Terms of Service; (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other proprietary right in connection with the Contest; or (iv) any claim that your Video Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the Contest and your use of the Contest and YouTube websites.
- Neither Contest Sponsor, Platform Partner nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Video Submission.
- At their discretion Contest Sponsor may contact contestants to propose collaboration on additional video projects.
Winners and runner-ups of the Contest may be publicly identified by name and Agency at which the PMF is appointed. Anonymous Contestants will not be identified by name but may be identified by Agency at which the PMF is appointed. Beyond the identification of winners and runner-ups, any personally identifiable information collected as part of the Contest will be used only to facilitate contact between the Contest Sponsor or their appointed delegates and the Contestant for reasons related to the Contest or to propose collaboration on additional video projects, at a Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. No personally identifiable information will be sold or distributed by the Contest Sponsor to any third party for any other purpose.
General Terms and Conditions:
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, at their sole and absolute discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, the Contest Sponsor reserve the right, at any time and in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify and/or deem ineligible any individual they suspect (a) to be tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest Sponsor or YouTube; (b) to have failed to agree to the Official Rules or to be violating the Official Rules; (c) to be violating the YouTube Terms of Service, or (d) to be acting in a bad faith, unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disregard and/or deem VOID such individual's entry in this Contest.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE:
Contest Sponsor and Contest Parties assume no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Contest Sponsor and Contest Parties assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Contest Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Contest site. Use of Contest site is at user's own risk. Contest Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Contest site or the download of any information from the Contest site. By participating in the Contest, the Contestant releases the Contest Sponsor and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Contestant's participation in the Contest. Contest Sponsor and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Contest Sponsor may, but are not obligated to, exercise reasonable efforts to air the winning videos and deliver all or part of the prize or make a reasonable substitution in their sole and absolute discretion.
Video submissions now closed.